The Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, located in Flint, Michigan, seeks a full-time Technical Support Specialist at its headquarters in Flint.
The Mott Foundation is a private foundation providing grant support for programs throughout the U.S. and internationally. The Foundation’s work is focused in four programs: Environment, Civil Society, Education and the Flint Area. The Foundation awarded 358 grants totaling approximately $131 million in 2018.
The Mott Foundation has an immediate opening in its Flint office for a Technical Support Specialist in its Information Technology (IT) department. The individual filling this position will be an information technology professional who helps users resolve issues with computer hardware or software. The individual will respond to user inquiries, assess problems and issues with IT equipment and applications, and help resolve user issues. The individual will also work closely with other IT department personnel to provide assistance on tasks.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Technical Support Requests:
- Answer calls to IT Helpdesk and monitor Helpdesk email inbox.
- Directly resolve end user technical issues.
- Escalate advanced cases to appropriate IT personnel.
- Manage support incident life cycle and gauge user service satisfaction.
Updates and System Maintenance:
- Work with IT Manager and Systems Engineer to test, update and upgrade IT systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on equipment such as printers, copiers and A/V systems.
IT System Documentation:
- Contribute service incidents and responses to internal support knowledge base.
- Assist in developing and updating departmental documents outlining standard operating procedures and practices.
- Provide light administrative support services within the IT department.
- Process vendor invoices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as computer science, with a minimum of two years of experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Problem solving and research skills.
- Computer and technical proficiency.
- Ability to work individually or in a team.
- Physical ability to perform the above job duties which may include bending, reaching, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 35 pounds or greater.
The Application Process
Applications should be submitted via e-mail to HR@mott.org, with the subject line containing “Technical Support Specialist.” Applications must include: 1) a cover letter that speaks to the ideal qualities and skills outlined in this position description; and 2) a current resume. Applications will be accepted through June 7, 2019, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested parties are encouraged to apply early. The goal is to fill the position as soon as possible. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The Mott Foundation is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status. The Foundation encourages diversity of thinking, background and perspective among its staff.