This section provides links to additional information and compliance requirements relating to the USA PATRIOT Act.
- USA PATRIOT Act
- Executive Order 13224: Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Persons who Commit, Threaten to Commit, or Support Terrorism
- U.N. Security Council Resolution 1373 (2001)
- United States Department of the Treasury:
- U.S. Department of State Terrorist Exclusion List (TEL)
- Handbook on Counter-Terrorism Measures: What U.S. Nonprofits and Grantmakers Need to Know
- United States International Grantmaking
There are a number of vendors offering software products to help you comply with Executive Order 13224, USA PATRIOT Act, and other laws and regulations. Depending on the nature of the purchasing organization or company, there is a sliding scale for the annual subscription fee. For most nonprofits, the annual subscription fees would be less than $1,000. However, if you only have one or two grantees, there are a few search options available to check the OFAC-SDN list directly.
- patriotAGENT — This easy-to-use web application accepts single entry or batch searches and has user-friendly reports that are archived. It is priced in the mid range, and it is available with annual contracts that include instructor-led training.
- ISTwatch© Online — This online application is competitively priced and has a pay-as-you-go pricing structure. Good for checking fewer than 500 names, it has a less polished user interface and reports. A free demo is available.
- WatchDog Pro — Designed for large batches, this application has an intuitive interface and navigation. Search history and reports are retained. This application is very savvy but has a higher price tag and is geared towards enterprise-level and large searches of data.
- Bridger Insight — This is an easy to use interface to run single entry and batch searches. It is especially effective if you need to check multiple watch lists. Search history and reports are retained. Online training materials are available.