- Program Exploratory and Special Projects
- Program Area Special Projects
- Grant Amount $50,000
- Grant Period September 1, 2004–May 31, 2006
- Location New York, NY, United States
- Geographic Focus United States
About this grant
Expanding on the award-winning documentary, "Ralph Bunche: An American Odyssey," a series of 14 teaching models on his life and work were designed for high school social studies curriculum and as a resource in various social science courses at the college level. Each module focuses on a theme, time period and/or major development in Bunche’s extraordinary career.Funding will provide support for the video series focusing on curriculum development; professional development; presentations of the film or modules in education venues; outreach and promotion; and an evaluation of how the modules were received and used, primarily in the classroom.