- Program Exploratory and Special Projects
- Program Area Special Projects
- Grant Amount $300,000
- Grant Period October 1, 2007–June 30, 2012
- Location New York, NY, United States
- Geographic Focus United States
About this grant
This grant will provide funds to the National Organization on Disability to help the United States Army design, test, and implement an employment strategy for the Wounded Warrior program for severely wounded veterans. Since the launch of the global war on terrorism, more than 30,000 service men and women, mostly soldiers in the United States Army, have been injured. Among the injured, more than 1,500 have suffered trauma so severe that they qualify for the Wounded Warrior program. Typically, soldiers endure months of rehabilitation before they retire from the military and return to civilian life. The Wounded Warrior program seeks to ensure that this transition is as constructive as possible.