- Program Exploratory and Special Projects
- Program Area Special Projects
- Grant Amount $50,000
- Grant Period January 1, 2013–December 31, 2013
- Location Ann Arbor, MI, United States
- Geographic Focus Michigan
About this grant
This grant will provide funds to the Center for Michigan as it works to bolster Michigan’s statewide civic engagement. Operating in a nonpartisan fashion, the grantee has established itself as an independent source of information and education for the public on important policy issues, providing a link between citizens and the political system, engaging citizens in conversation, and ultimately having an impact on public policy. With this grant, the grantee will focus its work on three main areas: intensifying Michigan’s focus on early childhood education, expanding the "Bridge" magazine’s public issues journalism, and launching the next phase of public engagement campaigns.