- Program Exploratory and Special Projects
- Program Area Special Projects
- Grant Amount $2,000,000
- Grant Period July 1, 2007–December 31, 2009
- Location Ann Arbor, MI, United States
- Geographic Focus Michigan
About this grant
The Michigan Fund for Innovation and Entrepreneurship will be launched by the University of Michigan, in partnership with other state-supported colleges and universities, to help the state of Michigan transition from a manufacturing-based economy to a knowledge-based economy. This renewable fund will have three components that will redefine Michigan’s approach to launching new businesses and industries. The three components are a Gap Fund, a Talent Retention Fund, and an Entrepreneurial Education Fund. Taken together, these funds will launch a new era for concentrated business development and entrepreneurship across the state.